Thursday, November 13, 2008

One month

Today is one month

One month since my life was changed forever
One month since you betrayed my trust

One month since I was violated
by you

One month since my world shattered...almost
One month since I started lying to my family, my friends...
myself

One month is such a short time to start picking up the pieces
One month of going through the motions of putting my life back together

One month of curling up in the darkness...and finding my way to the light...
again and again and again

One month of explaining to my friends that I don't know how I feel
or how they can help

One month of not sleeping, not eating and not caring...almost

One month of writing, crying, cringing, raging, hiding....
laughing

One month of identifying what you took that night
and beginning to reclaim what was lost

One month of trying to be a mother, friend, daughter and...
rape victim

One month of struggling to be all those things and not knowing how
One month of living with confusion, fear and pain

One month since you raped me
Only one month

I'm better now

9 comments:

Lil Brat said...

This is really good. Hard to believe it has been a month since this happened. You are working through this and remember, your friends are here for you.

dangergirl said...

Thanks lb. If it weren't for friends like you then working through this seems impossible.

Lil Bit said...

... and I have an email in my in-box from you, dated 10/11. From the date of this post, I'm guessing that was the day before this vile thing hap'd to you?
Now I'm thinking it's best to just let that email thread lie & we'll pick up somewhere else.... especially considering part of that discussion was about dating.

but.... LOL @ the fact there's another "LB" around your parts. ;)

dangergirl said...

hi there lb (deuce) = yeah, it is kinda funny!!

Actually, dating is going well - will send an email later and fill you in on the details ;))

dg

Anonymous said...

Go girl, don't let it take you over. Beat it. You surely can beat it.

Abe's Heart said...

Hi, DG.

Hey you: I've got your back, hun.
You're one of the "goodins'"...

...and, you can always count on me
to be a friend.

~x~SinfullyAnon.

dangergirl said...

Sage - I don't know what else to say except THANKS. Truthfully you are the first "guy" that has responded.

Thank you for your honest and straight forward responses. Feels like ya' sent me a big bear hug :)

sin - ditto.

dg

Jennybean said...

keep fighting sweetheart!

dangergirl said...

Thanks Jennybean, I don't have any other choice. Support from folks like you make fighting a whole lot easier :D