Tuesday, November 4, 2008

A family member knows...

Today is Day 22. I told my brother last night about the "incident" in very general terms. I felt like I was lying by omission everytime I told him I was "fine" when he called. He's the only family member that I can tell right now.

He was supportive and very respectful of my boundaries. He also didn't get into the "protective" mode right away and try to solve this problem. There just isn't any solution right now except to continue "feeling" it. That really sucks, btw.

Yeah, today is Day 22. I felt better on Day 19....go figure.

3 comments:

Jennybean said...

Every day is differnt, as long as you are moving forward you are doing the right thing....

Anonymous said...

I'm sure it will come and go and never fully go away. Surely it will continue to fade though.

Good luck.

Keep putting it out there.

Thats all you can do.

dangergirl said...

Thx Jennybean - you're right and I am continuing to move forward. Just a little shaky at times.

SS - thx and it has already started to fade a bit. The asshole did this but I am reclaiming what he took.

Oh yeah, the anger phase is definitely coming to visit dg. LOL